Full Time- Permanent Position
Salary: $60,812 - $73,986 + Pension and Benefits
The incumbent provides after hours, weekends, and statutory holidays coverage on a rotational basis for all protection services of the Agency. It is an emergency service designed to meet urgent service needs and crises that require immediate attention. The After-Hours Worker will respond to all allegations of children/youth being in need of protection and to issues related to children/youth in care.
• Must possess an accredited college diploma in a related field of study. Preference is a Bachelor of Social Work Honors Degree or one in a related field of study.
• At least two (2) years of work experience in the delivery of direct, frontline, social service programming targeting children, youth, and families, preferably within an Anishinaabe community/organization is preferred.
• Must possess knowledge, respect, and sensitivity of the Anishinaabe culture and be committed to helping First Nation families strengthen and achieve a healthy level of well-being.
• The ability to speak the Anishinaabe language is a definite asset.
• The traditional practices of the Anishinabek, from time to time there can be exposure to wood smoke and the burning of sacred medicines, including tobacco, sweetgrass, sage, or cedar, may occur within the work setting.
KGCFS We are committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process. KGCFS services is based on a highly specialized approach to the delivery of child welfare in our area. Preference will be given to Anishinaabe Candidates (please self-identify). Miigwetch for your application, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to submit the following: satisfactory Criminal Reference Check (within 3 months of application date), Vulnerable Sector Check and Driver’s Abstract.