Feb. 17, 2021
KGCFS Working-From-Home and Business Hours Update
Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services would like to acknowledge that the many recent communiques updating KGCFS service delivery changes and this communication serves as a bullet point update for ease of reference and required clarification.
COVID-19 forces us all to continually adapt to ever-changing work and home conditions. It is hoped that
through this communique, we will highlight only the most relevant KGCFS working from home policies
and business hours, as they stand right now.
As of Feb. 8, 2021, until review of all current planning in Apr. 2021:
1) Regular Business hours are 8:30-4:30 p.m. with one hour for lunch – after hours will be receiving
calls outside of the regular business hours.
2) The work-from-home plan will continue until further review in April 2021- that being said,
employees are able to attend offices as required.
3) Physical offices remain closed to the public and all employees have agency cell phones. Phone
calls are directed from the respective receptionist to each employee’s extension on their cell phone with the agency transition last year to a new virtual phone system to enhance communications.
4) All KGCFS employees continue to be working as an essential service and are delivering services
jointly with the First Nations and following the First Nation COVID-19 protocols.
5) In addition to following public health recommendations, one KGCFS service on hold at this time is
the assignment of traditional resources to complete direct (face-to-face) visits with youth and
We appreciate your patience as we continue to navigate the changing regulations and update the greater
KGCFS community regarding updates to the working from home plan, services available, and business
hours. Your continued feedback is most welcome.
Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services translates into “All of us, we are one,” and is driven by our
commitment to delivering positive support to children and families through client-focused service delivery processes. KGCFS is committed to fostering strong families through its delivery by inclusion of First Nations cultural practices. KGCFS has three office locations (Wiikwemikoong, M’Chigeeng and Sudbury, ON) to service seven member First Nations and other families identifying as First Nation within the Districts of Sudbury/Manitoulin. Please visit us at www.kgcfs.org